distributedlog.git
5 months agoUpgrade nokogiri to version 1.8.2 (#246) master
Sijie Guo [Tue, 10 Jul 2018 08:45:44 +0000 (01:45 -0700)] 
Upgrade nokogiri to version 1.8.2 (#246)

*Motivation*

Version <1.8.2 contain a security vulnerability.

8 months agoUpdate README status about distributedlog project (#245)
Sijie Guo [Wed, 28 Mar 2018 05:55:23 +0000 (22:55 -0700)] 
Update README status about distributedlog project (#245)

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

As distributedlog modules are merged into Apache BookKeeper, update the README status to reflect the project status.

See BP-26 for current status.

12 months agoInclude `nc` command in distributedlog docker image
Sijie Guo [Thu, 30 Nov 2017 07:33:14 +0000 (23:33 -0800)] 
Include `nc` command in distributedlog docker image

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

`nc` is usually used for checking if zookeeper is up and also verifying connectivity. It is good to have `nc` installed in the docker image by default. so a k8s helm script can use that for checking connectivities.

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>

This closes #241 from sijie/sijie/docker_image_nc

12 months agoMake distributedlog compiled with latest bookkeeper version
Sijie Guo [Thu, 30 Nov 2017 07:30:32 +0000 (23:30 -0800)] 
Make distributedlog compiled with latest bookkeeper version

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

There are code changes on PendingReadOp for new bookkeeper api in current master. DistributedLog uses PendingReadOp for some administration tools. So the current master doesn't compile with the latest bookkeeper version. This code change is to fix that.

The change here includes:

- bump bk to 4.7.0-SNAPSHOT (will switch to 4.6.0 after it is released)
- change to use the latest CompletableFuture in latest PendingReadOp. (this change doesn't target at making distributedlog work with new API)

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>

This closes #240 from sijie/sijie/use_new_ledger_api

12 months agoissue #236: shaded jar lose necessary bk jar to execute
Arvin [Tue, 21 Nov 2017 04:22:35 +0000 (20:22 -0800)] 
issue #236: shaded jar lose necessary bk jar to execute

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

 after bump to bk4.6, add bk-proto bk-http dependency to shaded jar

Author: Arvin <arvindevel@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

This closes #237 from ArvinDevel/addBkDependencyInShade, closes #236

13 months agoUpdate exception handling in constructing bookkeeper client
Jia Zhai [Wed, 1 Nov 2017 08:39:24 +0000 (01:39 -0700)] 
Update exception handling in constructing bookkeeper client

13 months agoFix DistributedSchedule.WriteSet compilation issue
Sijie Guo [Tue, 31 Oct 2017 08:31:51 +0000 (01:31 -0700)] 
Fix DistributedSchedule.WriteSet compilation issue

DisributedSchedule writeset structure is changed in recent 4.6.0-SNAPSHOT version

13 months agoDLFS - A FileSystem API wrapper over dlog API
Sijie Guo [Mon, 30 Oct 2017 04:17:01 +0000 (12:17 +0800)] 
DLFS - A FileSystem API wrapper over dlog API

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

- FileSystem API wrapper built over dlog API

(This is based on initial implementation from gerritsundaram at #43)

Features supported:

- create and append files
- open files for reading
- input stream and output stream for reading and writing data
- list files
- get file status
- rename
- mkdir

Features aren't supported:

- truncate
- currently there is no clear distinguish between file and dir
- only support delete recursive

(This change includes small changes for #224 #225 #226 ).

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>

This closes #227 from sijie/fix_create_log

13 months agoISSUE #226: ByteBuf.release() was not called before it's garbage-collected
Sijie Guo [Tue, 24 Oct 2017 11:56:42 +0000 (19:56 +0800)] 
ISSUE #226: ByteBuf.release() was not called before it's garbage-collected

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

the problem is a new entry buffer was allocated when closing log segment writer. the entry buffer is never used and also never recycled. It causes an annoying logging.

the fix is to assign a dummy entry writer which basically rejects writes, when closing a log segment writer. it would prevent leaking bytebuf.

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>

This closes #230 from sijie/fix_bytebuf_release_pr, closes #226

13 months agoISSUE #224: listing logs should exclude <default>
Sijie Guo [Tue, 24 Oct 2017 11:49:19 +0000 (19:49 +0800)] 
ISSUE #224: listing logs should exclude <default>

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

exclude `<default>` from listing logs

(the tests are covered by #227)

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>

This closes #229 from sijie/fix_listing_log_pr, closes #224

13 months agoIssue 225: Create log should create missing path components
Sijie Guo [Tue, 24 Oct 2017 11:35:36 +0000 (19:35 +0800)] 
Issue 225: Create log should create missing path components

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

reuse the methods used by `rename` to create missing path components.

(the test is covered by #227)

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>

This closes #228 from sijie/fix_create_log_pr

13 months agoISSUE #222: post-commit ci job is broken
Sijie Guo [Mon, 23 Oct 2017 11:01:47 +0000 (19:01 +0800)] 
ISSUE #222: post-commit ci job is broken

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

The reason that the post commit ci job is broken is because `git remote show apache` is used in `publish-website.sh` script, but there isn't `apache` branch in CI cloned workspace. we need to change this from `apache` to `origin`.

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>

This closes #223 from sijie/debug_postcommit_job, closes #222

13 months agoISSUE #209: Support rename log
Sijie Guo [Mon, 23 Oct 2017 09:14:02 +0000 (17:14 +0800)] 
ISSUE #209: Support rename log

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

- add rename operation in `Namespace`
- add rename operation in `LogStreamMetadataStore`
- implement the rename operation use zookeeper `multi` operation

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>
Author: Shoukun Huai <shoukunhuai@gmail.com>
Author: Arvin <arvindevel@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>

This closes #210 from sijie/4_support_rename_pr, closes #209

13 months agoISSUE #219: Exclude files under target directory from apache-rat check
Jia Zhai [Mon, 23 Oct 2017 08:03:25 +0000 (01:03 -0700)] 
ISSUE #219: Exclude files under target directory from apache-rat check

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

The problem is distributedlog-client and distributedlog-service have been renamed to distributedlog-proxy-client and distributedlog-proxy-server. so those files don't belong to any active modules, so they are not excluded automatically. exclude them manually.

Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia@apache.org>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

This closes #220 from zhaijack/exclude_files_under_targets, closes #219

13 months agoISSUE #217: Enable apache-rat check to output result to console
Jia Zhai [Mon, 23 Oct 2017 07:47:40 +0000 (00:47 -0700)] 
ISSUE #217: Enable apache-rat check to output result to console

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

- bump `apache-rat` to 0.12. since `outputConsole` is only supported since 0.12
- enable `outputConsole` to dump the files that have unapproved licences.

Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia@apache.org>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

This closes #218 from zhaijack/output_ratcheck_results_to_console, closes #217

13 months agoISSUE164: Move findbug settings files to distributedlog-build-tools
Arvin [Mon, 23 Oct 2017 06:45:16 +0000 (23:45 -0700)] 
ISSUE164: Move findbug settings files to distributedlog-build-tools

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

Move findbug settings files to distributedlog-build-tools,
and a little change to bk-shade: add bk-common dependency and unshade netty.

Author: Arvin <arvindevel@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

This closes #216 from ArvinDevel/issue164

13 months agoISSUE #211: Support listing logs by prefix
Sijie Guo [Wed, 18 Oct 2017 22:14:16 +0000 (15:14 -0700)] 
ISSUE #211: Support listing logs by prefix

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

- extend `getLogs` to `getLogs(prefix)`, so it provides a filesystem `listFiles`-like semantic.

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>

This closes #212 from sijie/5_support_list_logs_by_prefix_pr, closes #211

13 months agoISSUE #207: Support getFirstLogRecord
Sijie Guo [Wed, 18 Oct 2017 20:09:34 +0000 (13:09 -0700)] 
ISSUE #207: Support getFirstLogRecord

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

- support getFirstLogRecord

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>

This closes #208 from sijie/3_get_firstrecord_pr, closes #207

13 months agoIssue 205: Avoid copying bytebuf for constructing log record to write
Sijie Guo [Wed, 18 Oct 2017 20:07:54 +0000 (13:07 -0700)] 
Issue 205: Avoid copying bytebuf for constructing log record to write

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

- avoid copying memory for writer facing constructor for log records
- construct a ByteBuf by copying ByteBuffer for reader facing constructors

This closes #205, #206

13 months agoIssue 201: Fix the flaky test TestBKDistributedLogManager.deleteDuringRead
Sijie Guo [Wed, 18 Oct 2017 20:06:39 +0000 (13:06 -0700)] 
Issue 201: Fix the flaky test TestBKDistributedLogManager.deleteDuringRead

This closes #204, #201

13 months agoISSUE173: Implement AutoCloseable in BKDistributedLogNamespace
Arvin [Wed, 18 Oct 2017 19:16:58 +0000 (12:16 -0700)] 
ISSUE173: Implement AutoCloseable in BKDistributedLogNamespace

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

Implement AutoCloseable in BKDistributedLogNamespace

Author: Arvin <arvindevel@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

This closes #214 from ArvinDevel/issue173

13 months agoISSUE #213: Correct logger name in BKLogWriteHandler
Shoukun Huai [Wed, 18 Oct 2017 19:14:58 +0000 (12:14 -0700)] 
ISSUE #213: Correct logger name in BKLogWriteHandler

correct logger name in BKLogWriteHandler

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

(PR description content here)...

Author: Shoukun Huai <shoukunhuai@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

This closes #215 from shoukunhuai/issue-213, closes #213

13 months agoAvoid copying bytebuf for constructing log record to write 206/head
Sijie Guo [Wed, 4 Oct 2017 09:48:04 +0000 (02:48 -0700)] 
Avoid copying bytebuf for constructing log record to write

13 months agoFix the flaky test TestBKDistributedLogManager.deleteDuringRead 204/head
Sijie Guo [Wed, 4 Oct 2017 10:07:05 +0000 (03:07 -0700)] 
Fix the flaky test TestBKDistributedLogManager.deleteDuringRead

14 months agoISSUE #197: Provide a guide for running on k8s
Sijie Guo [Wed, 11 Oct 2017 06:02:38 +0000 (14:02 +0800)] 
ISSUE #197: Provide a guide for running on k8s

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

add one page for how to deploy on k8s. it is based on http://bookkeeper.apache.org/docs/latest/deployment/kubernetes/ and use distributedlog image and add instructions on how to create distributedlog namespaces and run benchmark.

This change is based on #196

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>

This closes #198 from sijie/add_docker, closes #197

14 months agoISSUE #193: Shade Bookkeeper and unshade ZooKeeper in core module
Arvin [Wed, 4 Oct 2017 09:04:57 +0000 (02:04 -0700)] 
ISSUE #193: Shade Bookkeeper and unshade ZooKeeper in core module

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

Shade Bookkeeper and unshade ZooKeeper in core module

Author: Arvin <arvindevel@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>, Enrico Olivelli <eolivelli@gmail.com>, Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

This closes #194 from ArvinDevel/shade_bk, closes #193

14 months agoISSUE #165: Enable checkstyle in core module
Arvin [Wed, 4 Oct 2017 08:59:45 +0000 (01:59 -0700)] 
ISSUE #165: Enable checkstyle in core module

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

Fix checkstyle error in core module

Author: Arvin <arvindevel@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

This closes #192 from ArvinDevel/enable_check, closes #165

14 months agoISSUE #181: Enable LogRecord ByteBuf based constructor public
Arvin [Wed, 4 Oct 2017 08:48:15 +0000 (01:48 -0700)] 
ISSUE #181: Enable LogRecord ByteBuf based constructor public

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:
change LogRecord ByteBuf based constructor to public

Author: Arvin <arvindevel@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

This closes #182 from ArvinDevel/issue_181, closes #181

14 months agoUpdate ci.sh script to build website
Sijie Guo [Sat, 16 Sep 2017 10:03:52 +0000 (18:03 +0800)] 
Update ci.sh script to build website

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

The ci.sh was copied from bookkeeper project but was updated correctly. This issue is to address the problem.

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>

This closes #191 from sijie/fix_ci_script

14 months agoISSUE #186: distributedlog.incubator.apache.org should have same content as bookkeepe...
Sijie Guo [Sat, 16 Sep 2017 09:55:28 +0000 (17:55 +0800)] 
ISSUE #186: distributedlog.incubator.apache.org should have same content as bookkeeper.apache.org/distributedlog

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

- move `docs` to `website/docs/latest`
- change `header.html` to support different logo url, to support both bookkeeper.apache.org/distributedlog and distributedlog.incubator.apache.org
- add docker scripts to build website and javadoc

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>

This closes #190 from sijie/automate_building_website, closes #186

14 months agoISSUE #171: Website and documentation updates for release 0.5.0
Jia Zhai [Sat, 16 Sep 2017 04:40:36 +0000 (21:40 -0700)] 
ISSUE #171: Website and documentation updates for release 0.5.0

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:
Website and documentation updates for release 0.5.0

Since the release is in-progress, please hold on to merge this PR.

Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia@apache.org>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

This closes #179 from zhaijack/release050_website_updates, closes #171

14 months agoISSUE #168: Release Notes for 0.5.0
Jia Zhai [Sat, 16 Sep 2017 04:34:26 +0000 (21:34 -0700)] 
ISSUE #168: Release Notes for 0.5.0

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:
Release Notes for release0.5.0

Since the release is in-progress, please hold on to merge this PR.

Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia@apache.org>

Reviewers: Khurrum Nasim <None>, Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

This closes #180 from zhaijack/releasenotes_050, closes #168

14 months agoISSUE #185: Thrift version conflicts and use heap bytebuffer for thrift serialization
Sijie Guo [Tue, 12 Sep 2017 07:16:49 +0000 (15:16 +0800)] 
ISSUE #185: Thrift version conflicts and use heap bytebuffer for thrift serialization

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

- it seems that shade plugin doesn't work well with sub-modules. even the libthrift-9 was shaded, it is still imported/included in the sub-modules, causing the version conflict. Explicitly exclude the libthrift from distributedlog-core.

- thrift serialization is using heap bytebuffer. so if a bytebuffer is direct, the serialization will fail. add a change to check if bytebuffer is heap, if bytebuffer is not heap, copy the content into a heap buffer. this is not good for performance, but we don't have any other choices because the limitation comes from libthrift.

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Enrico Olivelli <eolivelli@gmail.com>, Jia Zhai <None>, Leigh Stewart <None>

This closes #187 from sijie/use_heapbytebuffer, closes #185

15 months ago[maven-release-plugin] prepare for next development iteration
Jia Zhai [Thu, 7 Sep 2017 07:37:47 +0000 (15:37 +0800)] 
[maven-release-plugin] prepare for next development iteration

15 months ago[maven-release-plugin] prepare branch release-0.5.0
Jia Zhai [Thu, 7 Sep 2017 07:37:17 +0000 (15:37 +0800)] 
[maven-release-plugin] prepare branch release-0.5.0

15 months agoISSUE #177: mvn release failed due to wrong scm url
Sijie Guo [Thu, 7 Sep 2017 07:28:04 +0000 (15:28 +0800)] 
ISSUE #177: mvn release failed due to wrong scm url

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

Reason:

we are using `gitbox` url as the scm connection. However gitbox is a readonly mirror of github repo.
The committers don't have permissions to commit directly to gitbox repo.

Solution:

update the scm connection to github url

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>

This closes #178 from sijie/fix_scm_url, closes #177

15 months agoISSUE #160: Introduce backward compatibility testing
Sijie Guo [Thu, 7 Sep 2017 06:33:28 +0000 (23:33 -0700)] 
ISSUE #160: Introduce backward compatibility testing

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

The core testing logic is in `tests/bin/docker-backward-test.sh`.

- introduce an all module for packaging
- add docker images for 0.3.51, 0.4.0-incubating and latest
- add two backward compat testing module
- using docker images for backward compatibility testing

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>, Leigh Stewart <None>

This closes #175 from sijie/docker_image, closes #160

15 months agoISSUE #166: Code cleanup for 0.5.0 release
Sijie Guo [Wed, 6 Sep 2017 03:24:42 +0000 (11:24 +0800)] 
ISSUE #166: Code cleanup for 0.5.0 release

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

- add InterfaceAudience and InterfaceStability for public API to inform people what changes would be expected for those interface.
- avoid using guava classes in public API since we will provide a shaded jar for distributedlog-core
- enable ImportOrder checkstyle rule in some modules
- move `org.apache.distributedlog.io` to `distributedlog-common` module
- rename `setReadyToFlush` to `flush` and rename `flushAndSync` to `commit` for the new API

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>, Leigh Stewart <None>

This closes #172 from sijie/finalize_api, closes #166

15 months agoDL-45: DL should allow ByteBuf based API to avoid copying bytes array
Sijie Guo [Thu, 31 Aug 2017 06:50:53 +0000 (23:50 -0700)] 
DL-45: DL should allow ByteBuf based API to avoid copying bytes array

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

This change leverages the `ByteBuf` api introduced in bookkeeper 4.5.0. It will avoid copying bytes array between LogRecord and LogRecordSet/Entry, and avoid copying bytes from DL to BK client.

This change also bump the lz4 library to `1.3.0` to leverage the `ByteBuffer` binding.

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>
Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia03@gmail.com>
Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>, Enrico Olivelli <eolivelli@gmail.com>, Leigh Stewart <None>

This closes #151 from sijie/zero_copy

15 months agoISSUE #154: Update mailing list page
Jia Zhai [Thu, 31 Aug 2017 06:49:33 +0000 (23:49 -0700)] 
ISSUE #154: Update mailing list page

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

Update mailing lists with `distributedlog-issuesbookkeeper.apache.org`.

Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia@apache.org>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

This closes #163 from zhaijack/update_mailing_lists, closes #154

15 months agoISSUE #155: Update home page banner
Jia Zhai [Thu, 31 Aug 2017 06:48:34 +0000 (23:48 -0700)] 
ISSUE #155: Update home page banner

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

Update home page banner

Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia@apache.org>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

This closes #162 from zhaijack/update_banner, closes #155

15 months agoISSUE #156: Provide a shading jar for distributedlog-core
Jia Zhai [Thu, 31 Aug 2017 06:47:45 +0000 (23:47 -0700)] 
ISSUE #156: Provide a shading jar for distributedlog-core

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

- provide a shade-all jar (shading all the dependencies) for distributedlog-core. the `shade-all` jar is classified as `shaded`.

Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia@apache.org>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

This closes #161 from zhaijack/shade_libs, closes #156

15 months agoISSUE #157: Introduce JMH for micro benchmarking
Jia Zhai [Wed, 30 Aug 2017 04:49:36 +0000 (21:49 -0700)] 
ISSUE #157: Introduce JMH for micro benchmarking

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

- add a `tests/jmh` and `tests/jmh-0.4` module for micro-benchmarking
- `tests/jmh` is to benchmark latest master
- `tests/jmh-0.4` is to benchmark `0.4.0-incubating`
- add benchmark for compression

Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia@apache.org>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

This closes #158 from zhaijack/tests, closes #157

15 months agoISSUE #142: remove word incubator in coveralls.io in README
Jia Zhai [Wed, 30 Aug 2017 03:40:50 +0000 (11:40 +0800)] 
ISSUE #142: remove word incubator in coveralls.io in README

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:
[INFRA-14937](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-14937) ticket has been solved, so update the coveralls link here.

Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia@apache.org>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

This closes #159 from zhaijack/issue_142, closes #142

15 months agoDL-206: Delete the log should also delete the underline ledgers
Yiming Zang [Thu, 24 Aug 2017 05:25:40 +0000 (22:25 -0700)] 
DL-206: Delete the log should also delete the underline ledgers

Problem:
We're not deleting the ledgers when we delete the whole log stream using dlm.delete() API. This would cause a lot of garbage/orphan ledgers in Bookkeeper.

The fix is to delete the ledger when we delete the log stream. Also added a test to validate.

Author: Yiming Zang <yzang@twitter.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

This closes #152 from yzang/yzang/DL-206

15 months agoDL-2: DistributedLog should work with the official apache bookkeeper
Jia Zhai [Thu, 17 Aug 2017 23:51:53 +0000 (16:51 -0700)] 
DL-2: DistributedLog should work with the official apache bookkeeper

This change is to upgrade bookkeeper version to BK 4.5.0.

- upgrade bookkeeper version to 4.5.0-SNAPSHOT (still waiting a few pull requests to merge apache/bookkeeper#297 apache/bookkeeper#287
  - change registerSuccessEvent for StatsLogger to add TimeUnit
  - use netty4 eventloop
  - move twitter repository dependencies to proxy related module only. core library will not depend on scala dependency anymore.

This change is a collaboration change with sijie

We will provide a performance comparison between 0.4.0 (using Twitter BK) and 0.5.0 (using BK 4.5.) in a separate pull request or email.

Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia03@gmail.com>
Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia@apache.org>
Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Leigh Stewart <lstewart@apache.org>

This closes #135 from zhaijack/bump_dl_version

15 months agoDL-209: Update build script to build distributedlog website under `bookkeeper.apache...
Sijie Guo [Wed, 16 Aug 2017 01:25:00 +0000 (18:25 -0700)] 
DL-209: Update build script to build distributedlog website under `bookkeeper.apache.org/distributedlog`

*Problem*:

Currently `bookkeeper.apache.org/distributedlog` is using content at the root of branch `asf-site`.
`distributedlog.incubator.apache.org` is using content at `content` dir of branch `asf-site`.

The website build script should support both.

*Solution*:

- add `_config-apache.yml` for building website at baseurl `/distributedlog`
- update `website/build.sh` to build apache to build different configurations
- add a `publish-website.sh` to be able to publish website by CI

Also:
- add `_config-staging.yml` for building website at staging
- add a `staging-website.sh` to publish staging site.

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>

This closes #136 from sijie/fix_production_url

15 months agoISSUE #146: Update merge script to use bk merge script
Sijie Guo [Wed, 16 Aug 2017 01:22:27 +0000 (18:22 -0700)] 
ISSUE #146: Update merge script to use bk merge script

Descriptions of the changes in this PR:

- copy the `dev/bk-merge-pr.py` to distributedlog
- update the repo from `bookkeeper` to `distributedlog`

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>
Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia03@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>

This closes #149 from sijie/handle_labels, closes #146

15 months agoISSUE #144: add template for github issue and pull request
Jia Zhai [Tue, 15 Aug 2017 22:41:51 +0000 (15:41 -0700)] 
ISSUE #144: add template for github issue and pull request

This is part of the work to adopt github issue for issue management.
Use similar template as bookkeeper.

Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia03@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Enrico Olivelli <eolivelli@gmail.com>, Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

This closes #147 from zhaijack/dl_144, closes #144

15 months agoIssue 141: graduation changes, remove/change incubate related things
Jia Zhai [Tue, 15 Aug 2017 01:13:08 +0000 (18:13 -0700)] 
Issue 141: graduation changes, remove/change incubate related things

- remove the "-incubating" from the code base.
- change website link from http://distributedlog.incubator.apache.org into https://bookkeeper.apache.org/distributedlog
- change repo from https://github.com/apache/incubator-distributedlog into https://github.com/apache/distributedlog
- git from https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-distributedlog.git into https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/distributedlog.git
- remove website foot, whch contains incubate infos in websiteindex.md
- remove Disclaimer file and its references

Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia03@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #143 from zhaijack/issue_141

16 months agoDL-208: Update release notes about the download location
Jia Zhai [Thu, 10 Aug 2017 08:03:28 +0000 (01:03 -0700)] 
DL-208: Update release notes about the download location

- fix DL 208: update download location
- update dev repository in release_guide

Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia03@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #138 from zhaijack/DL-208

16 months agoDL-210: Update DL mailing lists
Jia Zhai [Thu, 10 Aug 2017 08:02:29 +0000 (01:02 -0700)] 
DL-210: Update DL mailing lists

Mail list changed from
{user,dev,commits}distributedlog.incubator.apache.org
to
distributedlog-{user,dev,commits}bookkeeper.apache.org

Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia03@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #139 from zhaijack/DL-210

16 months agoIssue 137: fix Tutorial link is broken
Jia Zhai [Thu, 10 Aug 2017 08:00:12 +0000 (01:00 -0700)] 
Issue 137: fix Tutorial link is broken

change docs direction from main/java/com/twitter/distributedlog to main/java/org/apache/distributedlog"

Author: Jia Zhai <zhaijia03@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #140 from zhaijack/issue_137

17 months agoDL-81: Build the distributedlog release procedure
Sijie Guo [Wed, 21 Jun 2017 17:21:46 +0000 (10:21 -0700)] 
DL-81: Build the distributedlog release procedure

Borrow from http://beam.incubator.apache.org/contribute/release-guide/

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Franck Cuny <franck.cuny@gmail.com>

Closes #51 from sijie/sijie/release_guid

17 months agoDL-124: Use Java8 Future rather than twitter Future
Sijie Guo [Wed, 21 Jun 2017 17:20:15 +0000 (10:20 -0700)] 
DL-124: Use Java8 Future rather than twitter Future

Switch to use Java8 CompletableFuture, to reduce dependencies introduced by twitter future and make it more friendly to users (users don't think of using which version of scala).

This change is based on #132 . Gitsha ce0686e is the change to review.

The changes:

- Change Future to CompletableFuture
- Map to thenApply
- flatMap to thenCompose
- Added a FutureEventListener, and switch addEvenListener to whenComplete (or whenCompleteAsync)
- setValue to complete
- setException to completeExceptionally
- add rescue, ignore, ensure to FutureUtils as util functions.

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>, Leigh Stewart <lstewart@apache.org>

Closes #133 from sijie/change_twitter_future_to_java_future

17 months agoFix merge script issues
Sijie Guo [Wed, 21 Jun 2017 17:17:46 +0000 (10:17 -0700)] 
Fix merge script issues

Problem:

Currently the merge script is broken when the reviewer's id is not in reviewers list.

Solution:

- Change "reviewers[reviewer_id]" to "reviewer_id in reviewers"
- Bump the default version to 0.5.0.

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>

Closes #134 from sijie/fix_merge_script_issues

17 months agoDL-204: Bump libthrift to latest version for distributedlog-core
Sijie Guo [Mon, 12 Jun 2017 21:12:13 +0000 (14:12 -0700)] 
DL-204: Bump libthrift to latest version for distributedlog-core

Currently finagle heavily depends on an out-of-dated version - libthrift 5.0. Proxy modules (client, server) depend on this version, however the core library doesn't really depend on libthrift.

This change is to change libthrift to 0.9.* in distributedlog-core and shade it to avoid it conflict with the version used by finagle.

This change is based on #131 . The main change is at gitsha [6e58786](https://github.com/apache/incubator-distributedlog/commit/6e587869f87cdce50ae93ba3d52767719d1ab5a6)

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>, Leigh Stewart <lstewart@apache.org>

Closes #132 from sijie/change_thrift_for_core_module

17 months agoDL-199: Be able to support filesystem-path like name
Sijie Guo [Mon, 12 Jun 2017 19:55:41 +0000 (12:55 -0700)] 
DL-199: Be able to support filesystem-path like name

In order to support hierarchical namespace, we need to be able to support filesystem path like log name.

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>, Leigh Stewart <lstewart@apache.org>

Closes #130 from sijie/DL_199

17 months agoDL-205: Remove StatusCode dependency on DLException
Sijie Guo [Mon, 12 Jun 2017 15:45:01 +0000 (08:45 -0700)] 
DL-205: Remove StatusCode dependency on DLException

- Remove StatusCode from exceptions. Use integer as exception codes.
- Also re-organize the modules:

- [ ] distributedlog-protocol (for core structures) and distributedlog-core (for core library).
- [ ] proxy: distributedlog-proxy-protocol (new module for thrift generated protocol), distributedlog-proxy-client (proxy client) and distributedlog-proxy-server (proxy server)
- [ ] benchmark & tutorials.

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <None>, Leigh Stewart <lstewart@apache.org>

Closes #131 from sijie/new_layout

18 months agoRemove package-info.java under com.twitter.distributedlog.subscription
Sijie Guo [Wed, 24 May 2017 17:08:43 +0000 (01:08 +0800)] 
Remove package-info.java under com.twitter.distributedlog.subscription

There is still one file left under com.twitter.distributedlog after repackage. This change is to delete this file.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-distributedlog/tree/master/distributedlog-core/src/main/java/com/twitter/distributedlog/subscription

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <zhaijia03@gmail.com>

Closes #129 from sijie/sijie/remove_subscription_files

19 months agoRelease 0.4.0-incubating
Sijie Guo [Wed, 26 Apr 2017 18:41:12 +0000 (11:41 -0700)] 
Release 0.4.0-incubating

Changes for 0.4.0-incubating

- change the stable doc to 0.4.0-incubating
- change latest version to 0.5.0-incubating-snapshot
- add 0.4.0-incubating to the header
- copied current docs to website/docs/0.4.0-incubating as the documents for release 0.4.0-incubating.

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <zhaijia03@gmail.com>, Jia Zhai <zhaijia03@gmail.com>, Leigh Stewart <lstewart@apache.org>

Closes #109 from sijie/sijie/release_0.4.0

19 months agoDL-174: added getParent method to Utils to replace usage of File.getParent which...
adamtracymartin [Thu, 13 Apr 2017 04:38:32 +0000 (21:38 -0700)] 
DL-174: added getParent method to Utils to replace usage of File.getParent which changes / to \ on Windows

…ich changes / to \ in Windows.

Author: adamtracymartin <atmartin@yahoo.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #104 from adamtracymartin/DL-174

19 months agoDL-173: changed FileUtils.deleteDirectory to FileUtils.forceDeleteOnExit so d…
adamtracymartin [Thu, 13 Apr 2017 04:36:19 +0000 (21:36 -0700)] 
DL-173: changed FileUtils.deleteDirectory to FileUtils.forceDeleteOnExit so d…

I am doing a new pull request because I deleted the branch in the remote.
Actions done to fix the conflict.
1. git checkout DL-173
2. git checkout master distributedlog-protocol/src/main/thrift/service.thrift
3. git fetch
4. git add *
5. git commit with message

The actual fix for this branch is changing FileUtils.deleteDirectory to FileUtils.forceDeleteOnExit.

Author: adamtracymartin <atmartin@yahoo.com>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <zhaijia03@gmail.com>, Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>, Leigh Stewart <lstewart@apache.org>

Closes #116 from adamtracymartin/DL-173

19 months agoDL-198: Combining the NOTICE, LICENSE, and DISCLAIMER files
Sijie Guo [Thu, 13 Apr 2017 03:57:45 +0000 (20:57 -0700)] 
DL-198: Combining the NOTICE, LICENSE, and DISCLAIMER files

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Henry Saputra <henry.saputra@gmail.com>, Jia Zhai <zhaijia03@gmail.com>

Closes #128 from sijie/combine_asf_files

19 months agoChange the NOTICE year for Twitter Copyright to 2016
Sijie Guo [Thu, 13 Apr 2017 03:55:07 +0000 (20:55 -0700)] 
Change the NOTICE year for Twitter Copyright to 2016

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <zhaijia03@gmail.com>

Closes #127 from sijie/change_notice

19 months agoDL-196: Remove 'Copyright 2017 The Apache Software Foundation' from license header
Sijie Guo [Thu, 13 Apr 2017 03:54:11 +0000 (20:54 -0700)] 
DL-196: Remove 'Copyright 2017 The Apache Software Foundation' from license header

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <zhaijia03@gmail.com>

Closes #126 from sijie/sijie/fix_license_headers

19 months agoDL-197: Add DISCLAIMER file to the project
Sijie Guo [Thu, 13 Apr 2017 03:52:56 +0000 (20:52 -0700)] 
DL-197: Add DISCLAIMER file to the project

DISCLAIMER is missing for source release.

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <zhaijia03@gmail.com>

Closes #125 from sijie/sijie/include_DISCLAIMER_file

20 months agoDL-195: exclude DISCLAIMER.bin.txt for Apache Rat Check Failures
jiazhai [Mon, 3 Apr 2017 16:52:04 +0000 (09:52 -0700)] 
DL-195: exclude DISCLAIMER.bin.txt for Apache Rat Check Failures

"mvn apache-rat:check package findbugs:check -DskipTests" would fail with report:
```
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin:0.7:check (default-cli) on project distributedlog_2.10: Too many unapproved licenses: 1 -> [Help 1]
```
Check the rat report, seems we need  to exclude file DISCLAIMER.bin.txt  from rat checking.

After exclude 1 file for rat check, by adding this line at line232 of pom.xml, we could execute above command successfully,
```
<exclude>src/main/resources/DISCLAIMER.bin.txt</exclude>
```

build result
```
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] Apache DistributedLog :: Parent .................... SUCCESS [  2.625 s]
[INFO] Apache DistributedLog :: Build Tools ............... SUCCESS [  0.809 s]
[INFO] Apache DistributedLog :: Protocol .................. SUCCESS [ 21.284 s]
[INFO] Apache DistributedLog :: Core Library .............. SUCCESS [ 24.496 s]
[INFO] Apache DistributedLog :: Proxy Client .............. SUCCESS [ 11.254 s]
[INFO] Apache DistributedLog :: Proxy Service ............. SUCCESS [ 21.825 s]
[INFO] Apache DistributedLog :: Benchmark ................. SUCCESS [ 14.015 s]
[INFO] Apache DistributedLog :: Tutorials :: Basics ....... SUCCESS [ 18.098 s]
[INFO] Apache DistributedLog :: Tutorials :: Messaging Tutorial SUCCESS [ 32.122 s]
[INFO] Apache DistributedLog :: Tutorials :: Kafka Tutorial SUCCESS [ 51.698 s]
[INFO] Apache DistributedLog :: Tutorials :: MapReduce Tutorial SUCCESS [09:17 min]
[INFO] Apache DistributedLog :: Tutorials ................. SUCCESS [  0.050 s]
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
```

Author: jiazhai <zhaijia03@gmail.com>
Author: jiazhai <jiazhai@users.noreply.github.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #124 from jiazhai/DL-195 and squashes the following commits:

6c642c3 [jiazhai] exclude 1 file to pass rat check
f30f454 [jiazhai] Merge remote-tracking branch 'us/master'
a40f92f [jiazhai] Merge pull request #2 from apache/master
f2cb5f4 [jiazhai] Merge pull request #1 from apache/master

20 months agoDL-184: reduce server_graceful_shutdown_period_ms from 35s to 20s, which is smaller...
xieliang [Tue, 28 Mar 2017 07:09:47 +0000 (00:09 -0700)] 
DL-184: reduce server_graceful_shutdown_period_ms from 35s to 20s, which is smaller than the default daemon stop timeout value

Author: xieliang <xieliang007@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Leigh Stewart <lstewart@apache.org>, Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #115 from xieliang/DL-184-graceful

20 months agoDL-190: Add DISCLAIMER to the release packages
Sijie Guo [Thu, 23 Mar 2017 03:28:55 +0000 (23:28 -0400)] 
DL-190: Add DISCLAIMER to the release packages

per apache release policy, we need to DISCLAIMER for releases.

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Leigh Stewart <lstewart@apache.org>

Closes #120 from sijie/sijie/add_disclaimer

20 months agoDL-191: Fix license header issues
Sijie Guo [Thu, 23 Mar 2017 03:27:19 +0000 (23:27 -0400)] 
DL-191: Fix license header issues

the copyright year is wrong.

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Leigh Stewart <lstewart@apache.org>, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@apache.org>

Closes #121 from sijie/sijie/fix_license_header

20 months agoDL-193: Bumped up the Guava version
arvindkandhare [Tue, 21 Mar 2017 21:50:59 +0000 (14:50 -0700)] 
DL-193: Bumped up the Guava version

Moving the Guava version from 16.0 to 20.0.

Author: arvindkandhare <arvind.kandhare@emc.com>

Reviewers: Henry Saputra <henry.saputra@gmail.com>, Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #123 from arvindkandhare/guava_version

22 months agoDL-192: year needs updating in NOTICE
Sijie Guo [Wed, 8 Feb 2017 07:16:13 +0000 (23:16 -0800)] 
DL-192: year needs updating in NOTICE

The year was 2016. but we are going to release at 2017. so updating the files to 2017.

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Leigh Stewart <lstewart@apache.org>

Closes #119 from sijie/sijie/fix_notice_file

22 months agoFix log4j binding issue on binary package
Sijie Guo [Wed, 8 Feb 2017 07:10:33 +0000 (23:10 -0800)] 
Fix log4j binding issue on binary package

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Leigh Stewart <lstewart@apache.org>

Closes #122 from sijie/sijie/fix_log4j_issue

22 months agoDL-186: fix common.sh grep bug; kill MultiReader java process as expected
xieliang [Tue, 31 Jan 2017 01:52:29 +0000 (17:52 -0800)] 
DL-186: fix common.sh grep bug; kill MultiReader java process as expected

Author: xieliang <xieliang007@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #114 from xieliang/DL-186-smoketest

22 months agoDL-187: load test doc typo fix
xieliang [Tue, 31 Jan 2017 01:51:08 +0000 (17:51 -0800)] 
DL-187: load test doc typo fix

Author: xieliang <xieliang007@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #117 from xieliang/DL-187-doc_typo

22 months agoDL-189: remove the extra NOTICE change
xieliang [Tue, 31 Jan 2017 01:49:58 +0000 (17:49 -0800)] 
DL-189: remove the extra NOTICE change

Author: xieliang <xieliang007@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #118 from xieliang/DL-189

23 months agoDL-183: Configure DL to generate source jar
Sijie Guo [Wed, 11 Jan 2017 06:59:27 +0000 (22:59 -0800)] 
DL-183: Configure DL to generate source jar

also move the plugin version definition to the properties

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <zhaijia@apache.org>

Closes #113 from sijie/sijie/generate_source and squashes the following commits:

6fa1ce5 [Sijie Guo] Merge branch 'master' into sijie/generate_source
d355d6a [Sijie Guo] Generate source jar during jar phase

23 months agoJavdoc build should use "org.apache.distributedlog"
Sijie Guo [Wed, 11 Jan 2017 06:56:11 +0000 (22:56 -0800)] 
Javdoc build should use "org.apache.distributedlog"

The packages are now under "org.apache.distributedlog", instead of "com.twitter.distributedlog".

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <zhaijia@apache.org>

Closes #108 from sijie/sijie/fix_javadoc_build

23 months agoFix the script to make sure binary package can execute scripts correctly
Sijie Guo [Wed, 11 Jan 2017 05:45:42 +0000 (21:45 -0800)] 
Fix the script to make sure binary package can execute scripts correctly

- fix the release jar path
- copy the common script to each modules otherwise the built package won't be able to execute
- change the type of runner and copy the runner script to each tutorial module

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Jia Zhai <zhaijia@apache.org>

Closes #111 from sijie/sijie/copy_all_scripts_to_modules

23 months agoDL-182: assembled package should include README.md
xieliang [Wed, 11 Jan 2017 05:00:58 +0000 (21:00 -0800)] 
DL-182: assembled package should include README.md

Author: xieliang <xieliang007@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #112 from xieliang/DL-182-assembled

23 months agoDL-181: avoid starting failure due to call Optional.get() on an absent value
xieliang [Tue, 10 Jan 2017 06:47:09 +0000 (22:47 -0800)] 
DL-181: avoid starting failure due to call Optional.get() on an absent value

see original JIRA for the detailed error msg

Author: xieliang <xieliang007@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #110 from xieliang/DL-181-startingProxyFailed

23 months ago[maven-release-plugin] prepare for next development iteration
Sijie Guo [Sun, 8 Jan 2017 22:46:53 +0000 (14:46 -0800)] 
[maven-release-plugin] prepare for next development iteration

23 months ago[maven-release-plugin] prepare branch release-0.4.0-incubating
Sijie Guo [Sun, 8 Jan 2017 22:46:49 +0000 (14:46 -0800)] 
[maven-release-plugin] prepare branch release-0.4.0-incubating

23 months agoRemove Xlint compiler arguments for building release
Sijie Guo [Sun, 8 Jan 2017 22:46:02 +0000 (14:46 -0800)] 
Remove Xlint compiler arguments for building release

23 months agoDL-170: All dependency versions should be defined in the parent pom
Gerrit Sundaram [Sun, 8 Jan 2017 22:10:37 +0000 (14:10 -0800)] 
DL-170: All dependency versions should be defined in the parent pom

make all dependencies' version be defined in the parent pom file.

Author: Gerrit Sundaram <gerritsundaram@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #97 from gerritsundaram/DL-170

23 months agoDL-180: added script to point to ../../../scripts/runner instead of symlink
adamtracymartin [Sun, 8 Jan 2017 22:09:06 +0000 (14:09 -0800)] 
DL-180: added script to point to ../../../scripts/runner instead of symlink

Author: adamtracymartin <atmartin@yahoo.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #107 from adamtracymartin/DL-180

23 months agoDL-152: removed symlink distributedlog-service/conf and copied files from distributed...
adamtracymartin [Sun, 8 Jan 2017 22:06:38 +0000 (14:06 -0800)] 
DL-152: removed symlink distributedlog-service/conf and copied files from distributedlog-core/conf to distributed-service/conf

…tributedlog-core/conf to distributedlog-service/conf

Author: adamtracymartin <atmartin@yahoo.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #105 from adamtracymartin/DL-152

23 months agoDL-28: changed // comments to /* */
adamtracymartin [Sun, 8 Jan 2017 22:03:13 +0000 (14:03 -0800)] 
DL-28: changed // comments to /* */

Author: adamtracymartin <atmartin@yahoo.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #100 from adamtracymartin/DL-28

23 months agoDL-83: Add javadoc to website
Sijie Guo [Sun, 8 Jan 2017 22:01:35 +0000 (14:01 -0800)] 
DL-83: Add javadoc to website

- update the javadoc plugin to aggregate api by 'core library' and 'proxy service'. (turn some java class to package private and delete unused files. so they won't appear in java doc)
- improve the website build script to include javadoc
- update some readme files to include user mail list and slack channel

Author: Sijie Guo <sijieg@twitter.com>
Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Leigh Stewart <lstewart@apache.org>

Closes #96 from sijie/sijie/merge_website_script

23 months agoDL-176: Rename the DL artifact from com.twitter to org.apache.distributedlog
Sijie Guo [Sat, 7 Jan 2017 00:51:06 +0000 (16:51 -0800)] 
DL-176: Rename the DL artifact from com.twitter to org.apache.distributedlog

Author: Sijie Guo <sijieg@twitter.com>

Reviewers: Dave Rusek <drusek@apache.org>, Leigh Stewart <lstewart@apache.org>

Closes #102 from sijie/sijie/fix_pom_file_layout

23 months agoDL-171: adding a short sleep to let the WriteCompleteListener have time to run before...
xieliang [Sat, 7 Jan 2017 00:30:32 +0000 (16:30 -0800)] 
DL-171: adding a short sleep to let the WriteCompleteListener have time to run before the final position be requested

once the "writer.write" is done, if "writer.position()" be invoked easier than the WriteCompleteListener onSuccess callback, due to the "synchronized", the position result will be 0, not the expected 33. we can just add a short sleep to avoid this test issue.

Author: xieliang <xieliang007@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #98 from xieliang/DL-171-Fix-TestAppendOnlyStreamWriter

23 months agoDL-167: fix testCalculateUnequalWeight computing corner case
xieliang [Thu, 5 Jan 2017 06:55:51 +0000 (22:55 -0800)] 
DL-167: fix testCalculateUnequalWeight computing corner case

Author: xieliang <xieliang007@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Leigh Stewart <lstewart@apache.org>

Closes #94 from xieliang/DL-167-fix-testCalculateUnequalWeight

23 months agoDL-4: Repackage the source under apache namespace
Sijie Guo [Thu, 5 Jan 2017 00:44:15 +0000 (16:44 -0800)] 
DL-4: Repackage the source under apache namespace

23 months agoDL-4: Add repackaging script
Khurrum Nasim [Thu, 5 Jan 2017 00:12:52 +0000 (16:12 -0800)] 
DL-4: Add repackaging script

this pull request only contains the script to repackage files.

run it at the root directory of the project - **./scripts/dev/repackage.sh**

once the script is done, run "**mvn clean apache-rat:check package windbags:check**" to verify everything work.

then you can commit the changes with the modified files.

/cc leighst sijie

Author: Khurrum Nasim <khurrumnasimm@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #95 from khurrumnasimm/kn/repackaging_script

23 months agoDL-165: Add TestTimedOutTestsListener to dump timed out cases thread dump
xieliang [Thu, 5 Jan 2017 00:09:01 +0000 (16:09 -0800)] 
DL-165: Add TestTimedOutTestsListener to dump timed out cases thread dump

Author: xieliang <xieliang007@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Leigh Stewart <lstewart@apache.org>

Closes #91 from xieliang/DL-165-TimedOutTestsListener

23 months agoDL-132: Enable check style for distributedlog service module.
Xi Liu [Wed, 4 Jan 2017 08:43:56 +0000 (00:43 -0800)] 
DL-132: Enable check style for distributedlog service module.

Author: Xi Liu <xiliuant@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Closes #89 from xiliuant/xi/checkstyle_service

23 months agoDL-140: Fix distributedlog-core findbug inconsistent synchronization warings
xieliang [Wed, 4 Jan 2017 08:41:56 +0000 (00:41 -0800)] 
DL-140: Fix distributedlog-core findbug inconsistent synchronization warings

Author: xieliang <xieliang007@gmail.com>

Reviewers: Leigh Stewart <lstewart@apache.org>

Closes #71 from xieliang/DL-140

23 months agoImprove merge pull request scripts
Sijie Guo [Wed, 4 Jan 2017 08:40:28 +0000 (00:40 -0800)] 
Improve merge pull request scripts

- check if a pull request is approved or not
- reject merging if there is no approval
- handle cases that reviewers don't have name and email configured.

Author: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>

Reviewers: Franck Cuny <fcuny@apache.org>

Closes #93 from sijie/sijie/improve_merge_scripts

23 months agoAddress a few flaky test cases
Sijie Guo [Thu, 29 Dec 2016 23:16:20 +0000 (15:16 -0800)] 
Address a few flaky test cases